Yesterday I had an appointment with my (new) doctor. That was quite generous of them, as it turns out. These days you hardly ever get to see a doctor unless you're truly sick, usually hospitalized (and even then, you get to meet up to a dozen different doctors in a week or two). Bearing this in mind (the usual seriousness of the situation if a doctor becomes involved) I was a bit concerned about my test results.

Fortunately, I was wrong to worry. The doctor merely informed me about my new dosage. I should have realized that when I'd run out of my pills, and I didn't have them for a week or more I might get side effects once I started taking them again. That was all. Now I'm supposed to take a lower dose for about a fortnight, then return to the clinic and have my blood pressure tested and if it's normal, I can continue with the lower dosage. He tested it again during the appointment, but since I clearly suffer from 'whitecoat hypertension' the pressure was quite high. He also listened to my heart. Then he told me that all my test results, other than the blood pressure, were perfect. So that was a relief.

Baby related (don't read, if not interested): After that visit to the clinic, we had rather foolishly, as it turned out, decided to take the train to where mom was having her eyes tested. Since at the moment, Sweden is covered with snow, it somteimes gets a bit slippery, especially this town that is located by a fjord, it's frequently slippery, even when there's no snow. It was so difficult to walk on that icy surface. We saw a guy slip and fall on a couple of really dangerous sidewalks that are sloping down to street level. I don't understand how that's even legal. It looked painful, but at least he was able to walk away afterwards.

We went to meet mom at the bus station (since this town is one of the few I know of that has a separate bus station and railway station.) Most Swedish towns has a 'travel center' with both railway station and bus station combined, all except the ones that don't have a railway station at all. We left the babies with mom and went to Lidl to check out the new stuff (clothing etc) that's advertised on Mondays and Thursdays. This time we got some weatherproof jackets for the babies (to wear on top of their warm cardigans and jackets). They seemed to love them. We also got some warm socks for ourselves.

When we returned to the bus station, it turned out my daughter was crying. An old man, not quite sober, I suspect, just walked up to us and shoved an ice lolly into her mouth, without asking me first. Knowing P as I do, I could tell from the look in her eyes that she wasn't happy about that. He handed the lolly to me and I thanked him, then threw it in the trash when I was far enough away so he couldn't see me. We're under strict orders from the child care clinic not to give them any sugar for as long as possible. P didn't have any idea of what that thing was and she didn't like it. Still, it was very nice of him to give her the lolly. Obviously he meant well. Just for the record though, she couldn't have been hungry, since we'd brought several bottles of gruel and she'd had most of them, since S didn't seem to be as hungry. She was just tired after a long day. We were actually about to go to the railway station to get back so they could get some sleep.