My daughter P has taken a break from her book club. There's only so many stuffed toy animal books you can collect without getting a bit jaded. :) Besides, I have several of my own old favorites, that my mom and grandmother used to read to me and my sister when we were children. Also, almost every time we go to the local library, mom buys some old library books on sale. It was among one of those library books that the children found one of their new favorite books. It's about a little boy who can't sleep and wants to go for a walk, bringing his red crayon. He draws a path to walk on and things to visit. Sometimes he ends up in precarious situations and has to think quickly to draw himself out of those situations. One of our old favorite books has become popular as well. It's about a boy who finds a seed blown by the wind. He sows it and a huge, fantastic tree grows from the seed. A sort of elevator is lowered down to him and he can't resist sitting in the velvet covered seat. The elevator takes him up to the top of the tree and there he has some wonderful adventures.

Speaking of the children - to my shame I have to admit that occasionally when they're crying and can't be consoled any other way, I let them watch cartoons on tv. I have looked for and found my own old favorites from when I was a child and a few of those have become their favorites (among them Winnie-the-Pooh). I was never going to let my children use anything with a screen until they were at least four. There go all my good intentions...