Takedown Twenty - Janet Evanovich

I just finished reading Takedown Twenty by Janet Evanovich. As I've mentioned many times before, I love the Stephanie Plum series. It's among the few that can make me laugh even when I'm feeling down.

This particular book seemed a little more serious than most. Stephanie is chasing a killer who targets older women, kills them and leaves their bodies in dumpsters. She's also trying to catch a guy from a gang - not a wise move, but since this is one of the Stephanie Plum books, that situation never gets too serious.

As usual, there are also some funny things happening. Though I wouldn't normally describe a scared giraffe running around in New Jersey as funny, the way Janet Evanovich puts it, it does come across as amusing. Stephanie's friend Lula has a special relationship with this giraffe, she names him Kevin and feeds him lettuce.

Again, as usual Stephanie is trying to make a decision between the two hot men in her life, Morelli or Ranger. This too, turns into hilarity in various ways.

I doubt if anyone's curious, but I think I would have picked Ranger. He won't want to get married, probably not have children but he would be a lot of fun to be around, in every sense of the word. ;)

Source: http://crimsoncorundum.dreamwidth.org/161081.html