I just read an article about the best couples in fiction. Most of the couples mentioned I hadn't even heard about. Some of the ones I had heard of I agreed with. There were also a few I just didn't like at all. So I thought I'd make a list of my own. These may not be the very best couples I've ever read about, but they're the ones I can think of right now.

I really wish I could have thought of some same-sex couples, but I haven't read that many slash novels. Off the top of my head, I can only think of two right now, and yes, I did like the couples (or in one case, the threesome LOL), but they're so unknown it's really no use putting them on the list. It's probably easier to use tv series and/or movies for that and I might do that later. For now, I'll just stick to books though. In fact, some people didn't even suggest romantic couples, they used friendship too. I think I'll leave that for later as well. Some even mentioned the love/friendship between a human and an animal, which of course is a great idea. I'll try to think about some of those too, later on.

What are your favorites?

These are mine:

Howl and Sophie in Howl's Moving Castle
Christopher Chant and Millie in the Chrestomanci series
Rupert Venables and Maree Mallory in Deep Secret

all three by Diana Wynne Jones

Ged/Sparrowhawk and Tenar in the Earthsea series by Ursula K LeGuin

Faramir and Eowyn in LOTR by J R R Tolkien

Leodora and Diverus (from Shadowbridge and Lord Tophet by Gregory Frost)

Taran and Eilonwy (from the books by Lloyd Alexander)

Claire and Jamie (Outlander and all the books in the series, by Diana Gabaldon)

Tommy and Tuppence (Partners in Crime series by Agatha Christie)

Sarah King and Raymond Boynton (Appointment with death by Agatha Christie)

Edit: I just thought of Percy/Marguerite from The Scarlet Pimpernel so of course I had to add them. Also, since tv and film is a little off topic for this blog, I posted about that on Dreamwidth, in case anyone's curious.

Source: http://crimsoncorundum.dreamwidth.org/155496.html